Beekeeping is a rewarding and fun way to interact with the environment and involve your family and community. The logistics and acquired skills though to keep bees alive is not simple. Having a place to safely store equipment and the time to maintain hives year around is a daunting responsibility.
That's where bee hive rentals may make sense for some people. This service is designed for the beekeeper with some experience who does not want to deal with or have the equipment for harvesting and extracting the honey, storage of equipment and feeding/treating for mites before attempting to overwinter them successfully.
When you rent from us, we offer a complete package that includes the hive of bees and honey supers to collect honey. We even will harvest the honey and extract and bottle it as an extra service.
Bee Hive Rental May 5th - August 25th 2017 $450
Includes One Brood Deep 9 frames, One Brood Medium 9 frames with bees and new queen. Bottom Board, Inner Cover, Telescoping Cover and drop off and pickup service.
Warranty: We guarantee a laying queen in each hive and will inspect each one before delivery. If you find you still received a queenless or bad hive you must contact us within ten days to get a free replacement queen. No replacements or adjustments are available after ten days.
This rental assumes:
• You have taken a beekeeping class or have previous experience.
• Have a suitable location for the hive that Ames Farm approves.
• Have obtained the permit, if required from your local government.
• You have a veil or bee suit, smoker, hive tool, and optionally honey supers to collect honey and access to an extractor and bottler to harvest the honey. We do offer the honey super rental and extraction and bottling too.
Note>> We reserve the right to refuse rental to whomever we feel is unprepared to maintain a hive properly or does not have a suitable location.
Additional Accessories and Services.
• 3 Medium Honey Supers 9 or 10 frames and Excluder $105
• Honey Harvesting/Extracting/Bottling Service $400 for up to 2 supers We remove the honey crop, extract the honey, and bottle your honey crop in a glass pint jar
• Additional surcharge for 3rd super, if it's filled
• Custom packaging that includes jar type and labeling of your bottled honey crop is available—inquire with us for pricing
Call us M-F (952) 955-3348 with your specific needs for a quote.