We are looking for an energetic and thoughtful manager who has demonstrable experience in either sales and/or operations. The ability to manage multiple projects successfully is a key skill that any applicant must have experience in. Any applicant should also have an interest in food and specifically sustainable agriculture and naturally produced food. We believe in providing quality products and taking care of the fruit and animals (bees!) we raise. To be clear, this is a farm and any applicant must be in good physical shape, able to be on their feet for long periods and able to lift 60 pounds repeatedly.We anticipate new growth in the coming years from several products launched this year. Additionally, we are breaking ground in 2017 on a new state-of-the-art honey processing building. We are looking for a startup-minded candidate who is willing to grow with us.This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and sales of Ames Farm products which includes managing the following areas:SALES & DISTRIBUTIONManage, develop and forecast sales through multiple channels including: distributor, wholesale, farmers market and online sales. Also includes monitoring and improving distribution methods and strategies.PRODUCTIONManage year around honey processing, extracting and bottling including forecasting and managing labor needs and solving process flow issues;STAFFINGHiring and managing all employees (7-10 staff), conduct performance reviews and develop incentives and bonus programs to help retain employees.PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & MARKETINGDevelop pricing and marketing strategies for current products and services while developing new productsFINANCIALForecast and monitor income and expenses. Contribute to long term plans for equipment and business direction. Invoicing, payroll and basic bookkeeping a plus. Basic Qualifications/Desired Experience:
- Experience/demonstrated interest in sustainable food and/or agriculture production
- Experience successfully managing employees and operations
- Sales experience especially with food or related industries
- Proven ability to problem solve and offer solutions
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible schedules depending on season
- Must not be afraid or allergic of bees
- Physically fit and able to lift 60lbs on a daily basis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer skills
- College Degree or equivalent professional work experience
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Benefits
- Potential sales bonus after first 6 months
ASAP. Preference for interviews will be given to applicants from Carver, Wright, McLeod and Western Hennepin County.
$34,000 - $41,000/salaried dependent on health insurance needs with additional compensation based on yearly sales.
Interested? Tell us why you would be a good fit! Submit cover letter and resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.