The Assistant Beekeeper will work with the Lead Beekeeper and Owner in the care and maintenance of the 500+ hives owned by Ames Farm. This position will ensure that bees are fed and maintained while overseeing honey production within the hive and harvesting honey. This person will also ensure that bee equipment is maintained for future use. Additionally, this position will provide support for Orchard work including during planting, thinning, pruning and harvesting season. There may be times when the Assistant Beekeeper will be in the Honey House to help with extracting, bottling and/or labeling.
● Assist Beekeeper in maintaining bees, split, feed honey production and harvest honey
● Ensure safe operations - skid loader, flatbed truck loading and transporting
● Maintain bee equipment
● Maintaining a clean and safe work space
● Assist in Apple Orchard including planting, pruning and harvesting
● Maintain farm vehicles checking fluids, keeping tracking of maintenance, etc
● Maintain wax melter located outside
● Assist in Honey House as needed
● Able to work well with others in a positive attitude
● Other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
● High level of carpentry and mechanical skills
● Must be able to lift 60 lbs on a daily basis
● Knowledge of basic beekeeping skills
● Must be able to solve problems that may arise
● Must have a driver's license and clean driving record (No DWIs)
● Must not be allergic to bees
PAY RATE & WORK HOURS:
Salaried depending on qualifications & scheduled hours agreed upon with farm owner.
If you think you may be a good candidate for this position, please send us your resume and 2 professional references to email@example.com.