We love getting a big batch of brussels sprouts from farmers at our local Mill City Farmers Market as the temperature drops and the market moves indoors for the rest of the year. Making them and other root veggies last through the colder months is easy with this simple recipe.
This honey-garlic glaze will brighten up carrots, brussels sprouts, or squash with a tender, yet savory sweetness. Pick your favorite fall veggies and roast away!
2 lbs total carrots and brussels sprouts, cut lengthwise
6 T butter, melted and still warm
1/4 C all-purpose real raw honey
4 garlic cloves, mashed
3-4 thyme sprigs, stripped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet (lined with foil for easier clean up, if desired)
- In a bowl, stir warm butter and honey together until mixed
- Add in mashed garlic and thyme
- Drizzle the glaze mixture all over the veggies, tossing to coat them
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, until sprouts are slightly toasted on top